Top 5 Ways to Cut Nursing Home Costs
- Make sure your loved ones have valid and updated financial powers of attorney, specialized for Medicaid planning. Online forms are usually not sufficient.
- Don't rush to sell mom and dad's house or condo to pay for their care. Home ownership can be a fantastic way to protect family assets.
- Dont' let your parents make gifts and don't take gifts from them.
- Don't beleive the nursing home when they tell you that you must pay, 6-12 months of private pay to ge mom or dad through the door.
- Don't sign any nursing home contract before you have an attorney review the contract
Martha C. Brown & Associates, LLC assist clients with Estate Planning, Elder Law and Probate in St. Louis City, St. Louis County, St. Charles County, Jefferson County, Franklin County and the surrounding areas including Arnold, Ballwin, Barnhart, Bellefontaine Neighbors, Black Jack, Bonne Terre, Brentwood, Bridgeton, Cedar Hill, Chesterfield, Clayton, Crestwood, Creve Coeur, Crystal City, Des Peres, DeSoto, Ellisville, Farmington, Fenton, Festus, Ferguson, Florissant, Fredericktown, Frontenac, Hazelwood, Herculaneum, High Ridge, Hillsboro, House Springs, Imperial, Kirkwood, Ladue, Lake St. Louis, Manchester, Maplewood, Maryland Heights, Mehlville, Normandy, O'Fallon, Olivette, Pacific, Pevely, Richmond Heights, St. Ann, St. Charles, St. Clair, St. Peters, Ste. Genevieve, Sunset Hills, Town & Country, University City, Union, Valley Park, Washington, Webster Groves, Wentzville , Wildwood.
The information provided on this website is a public service and is not intended as legal advice. Such advice should be obtained from your personal attorney.