Alicia A. Albus
From Alicia’s interview for the Masters of Estates & Probate series on ReelLawyers.com.
Alicia Albus is a senior attorney at the firm and has been practicing Elder Law for over 20 years. She was the Valedictorian of her graduating class at William Woods University, Fulton, Missouri in 1994. She graduated from the University of Missouri, Columbia School of Law in 1997 where she received the American Jurisprudence Award in the area of Disability Law. She holds a degree in accounting and has worked as a tax consultant in a Big Five Accounting Firm. However, the allure of working with individuals rather than corporations drew her to Elder Law.
Alicia is devoted to helping the families that turn to the firm for assistance in their hour of need. She has become proficient and knowledgeable in Missouri nursing home care issues.
Alicia’s compassion and friendly, caring nature engages her clients to feel comfortable and confident. She is very well known throughout the senior services community and speaks frequently for the Alzheimer’s Association. Recently, Alicia has had several victories in court reversing Medicaid decisions.
- Member, Missouri Bar
- Member, Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Member, Missouri Bar Elder Law Committee
- Member, The National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Member, The Missouri Chapter of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Member, St. Patrick Center Board of Trustees
- Co-Editor, The Missouri Courts Bulletin, Elder Law Section published by The Missouri Bar Community
- Big Brothers-Big Sisters Organization
- Variety Club of St. Louis Planned Giving Committee
- University of Missouri — Columbia Law School, J.D. 1997 – Honors: Disability Law
- William Woods University, 1994